Thank you to all those who helped make the workshop a success. We look forward to seeing everyone at the October 2017 workshop in Connecticut. More information on that workshop will be posted this spring here on APAHA’s website.
Colonel Patrick Teisserenc, the écuyer-en-chef of the French National Riding School in Saumur, France, will join with Bettina Drummond for two special days focused on the art of dressage. On Saturday, COL Teisserenc will present his approach to teaching riders with sport horses from his unique background of linking sport horse training with haute école. Bettina Drummond will join COL Teissernc on the second day as they co-instruct riding teachers and trainers on young horses in order to provide these teachers with improved perspectives on the training evolution. On the afternoon of the second day, Drummond will teach students specializing in classical form on loaned out horses with a focus on demonstrating how to teach the influence of the seat on the horse’s balance.
The workshop will be held February 4-5, 2017 at Mary Anne McPhail’s White Fences Equestrian Estate in Loxahatchee, Florida.
Saturday, February 4, 2017
Col. Patrick Teisserenc on developing confidence in the young performance horse and tact in the sport horse rider.
- 8:30 a.m.: Introduction by Bettina Drummond
- 9:00 a.m.: Amanda Timolat on L’Anton
- 10:00 a.m.: Caroline Jordan on Errol
- 11:00 a.m.: Lisa Hyslop on Devonaire
- Noon: Question and Answer session with Bettina Drummond on the importance of tact and timing in the art of dressage
Col. Teisserenc on developing performance fluidity in the sport rider to include a presentation of a Grand Prix Kur.
- 1:30 p.m.: Allison Kavey on Queba
- 3:00 p.m.: Robert Mendoza on Jewel
- 4:00 p.m. Brook Johaningmeyer on Boleo
- 5:00 p.m.: Stephanie Janet, diplomat from the French National Riding School, with young jumper horse
- 5:45 p.m.: Address by Col. Teisserenc on the current teaching programs offered by the French National Riding School in Saumur
Sunday, February 5, 2017
Col. Teisserenc and Bettina Drummond on mastering transition skills to develop balance in the green horse and easing the horse’s performance anxieties
- 8:00 a.m.: Hilary Clayton on Donzi
- 9:00 a.m.: Allison Kavey on Cacharel
- 10:00 a.m.: Robert Mendoza on Florian
- 11:00 a.m.: 30-minute break
- 11:30 a.m.: The value of teamwork to support the development of the performance horse featuring Dr. Krista Zahn, veterinary acupuncturist, farrier William Lemoine and MaryAnne McPhail’s Emir
- 12:30 p.m.: Lunch and Question and Answer session with Col. Teisserenc
Bettina Drummond on the use of the La Guérinière square for establishing the seat influence of the rider; framing and flexing with a view of provoking and nurturing collection in the double bridle.
- 1:30 p.m.: Lynndee Kemmet on Je Suis
- 2:00 p.m.: Julie Arkison and Sharon Campbell working with Quemacho
- 2:30 p.m.: Amanda Timolat on Amado
- 3:00 p.m.: Lisa Hyslop on Delorean
- 3:30 p.m.: Alicia Landman on Formoso
- 4:30 p.m.: Julie Arkison on Fantasia
- 5:00 p.m.: In-hand work with Soledad
- 5:30 p.m.: Wrap-up with Bettina Drummond and Col. Teisserenc
Buy Tickets Now!
Tickets purchased in advance are $135 for one day of the workshop or $260 for both days. Tickets purchased at the door are $145 per day of the workshop.
Buy your tickets now by clicking the link below: